watsayou.blogspot.com/: Little Blades of Grass
 
 
Wednesday, August 13, 2008
Little Blades of Grass
a poem by Emily Dickingson



In heaven some little blades of grass stood before God.
“What did you do?”
Then all but one of the little blades began eagerly
To relate the merits of their lives.
But this one stayed a little way behind, ashamed.
Presently God asked him,
“And what did you do?”
The little blade answered,
“Oh, my lord, memories are bitter to me,
For if I did some good deeds, I don't even know them.”
Then God arose from his throne in all his splendor.
“The best little blade of grass,” he said.



translation by Oceanice-



在天堂里,一片片小草伫立在上帝之前。
“你们曾做过些什么?”
除了这一片小草,其余的小草纷纷雀跃地
叙述自己一生的功绩。
但是这片小草却羞愧地囊足不前
此刻上帝问它:
“那么,你曾做过些什么?”
小草片回答:
“啊,主啊,回忆对我而言是苦涩的;
因为
就算我曾经做过些好事,我也不会知道呢。”
这时上帝从它的宝座站起来,
一身辉煌显赫。
它道:
“最好的一片小草!”





posted by 木杉 @ 22:36  
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
 
about me
Recent Posts
Archives
Quote
If all the world's a stage, I want to operate the trap door. -- Paul Beatty
Links
Template by
Blogger Templates