I like to talk about my tuition kids because there is just so much to talk about. Coming back from my tuition class is like running 2.4km in the physical fitness test in school/in the army. With your mouth.
Yesterday when I got back home, I just want to keep my mouth shut for like until eternity. This happens probably because I am teaching lower primary kids, and kids, being kids, need a lot of remindings to keep them in place. And I mean a lot.
I will usually start my class by greeting them (yes, this is the 21st century, and teachers greet students at the start of the class and bid them thanks and goodbye at the end of the day), then for the next 1 and a half hour or two hours, I will be practising what you will call "verbal diarrhae", which term I think explains for itself quite vividly. An average conversation in class would be something like this:
"Ok, look, this plus this plus that plus that will give you how much? Do your workings at the side, add them up properly... yes Rachel? Ah, see, the question says 'altogether', when you see this do you add up or subtract? Hasman! Quit playing and do your workings! Yes Andrew? Yes Rachel? Okk one at a time-- Andrew, that, plus that, plus this, doesn't give you the word 'merrily', this is a maths class, see, you made this mistake during this part in the working, which is why you got it wrong. Get it? Ok Rachel, well done, you added it all up, now go try the next-- Austin, don't dig your nose!! For pete's sake go wash your hand-- what, you want to go to the toilet too, Samuel? Please wait for Austin to come back! Hasman!!! What are you doing lying under the table! Get up! Ok Andrew you got the answer? Noooooo, wrong, you've got to-- Austin and Samuel, quit fighting! Rachel, no you cannot cheer for them. Hazman, now what are you doing on the ceiling? Andrew, the answer is not 'merrily'!!!"
... Somewhere along that line. I added in punctuations in the conversation so that you understand, but I often feels that such conversations are devoid of any punctuations at all. Read the above and you find out you take only 4minutes. I have to speak like that for an hour and a half, beat that!
I may be exaggerating, it is still manageable, notice I am writing this post very fondly. Ok, cancel away that "very". But still fond la!
well done, Mr Neo
u r on ur way to become a teacher!
LOL