watsayou.blogspot.com/: Sunday Thoughts
 
 
Sunday, October 14, 2007
Sunday Thoughts
2 more days!!

...............................................................................................................


This morning after sweating it out at Fort Canning Park, I got myself a can of orange juice and sat down.

It was a sunny morning. Fort Canning on certain Sunday mornings is crowded and lively; today it was quiet and serene.

So I just sat, enjoying the shade, watching. The sun shone bright and there was a smell of fresh grass in the air. I listened to the melodious sound of piano-- I think the second level of Central at Fort Canning is a school for kids to learn piano. Not far away, amidst the foliage, crickets sang their songs. I didn't think it was noisy. The sound of nature and the sound of nurture blended well.

On my way home after I had my fill of sun, crickets, and piano, I found myself thinking how nice it would be if I could not name any of the things that I enjoy.

Then I would feel the sun on my skin and I would simply indulge in its warmth. I would inhale the smell of fresh leaves in the air, and I would simply indulge in its freshness. I would listen to the sound of crickets and simply indulge in its simple notes.

True, I will not be able to tell anyone what allows me to feel the way I feel. But I would be able to just enjoy it-- be it the sun, the melody, or the smell of summer grass-- as it is.

When names are given the object is not what it is anymore. And one will only appreciate it as the name that it is being given instead of what it is-- Its nature, its original state, what it should be.

Same with people. Do you see them as they are, or do you see them as what you see? The eyes can be deceiving, you know. And very often, you don't have an omniscience point of view of anyone.

Try seeing things from another perspective-- it's fun =))

posted by 木杉 @ 16:49  
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
 
about me
Recent Posts
Archives
Quote
If all the world's a stage, I want to operate the trap door. -- Paul Beatty
Links
Template by
Blogger Templates