watsayou.blogspot.com/: The Dove's Wings
 
 
Friday, October 26, 2007
The Dove's Wings
Sometimes friends come to you with problems. And when they do that, you will want to see if there's any way you can help.

Sometimes there's nothing you can do to help.



“I am unable to help this person because the issues are really not within my
ability as a friend to lend a helping hand to. I tried to help on the areas
which I could, but I realise that after sometime, I find it very tough for
myself to not feel emotionally entangled into these issues. Because I feel for
the friend's plight. And seeing this friend miserable adds on to my
sadness.

I think, we are like doves that need a strong pair of wings to bring us
through life - one side of the wing is wisdom, the other is compassion.
”


How true.

There's only just so much you can do for friends. And to help them you need wisdom. Sometimes wisdom is just standing together with them-- just standing. And to that friend, it helps.

Compassion is necessary, too.

“Someone once told me that everyone has his/her set of problems to take care of
and sometimes as a friend there is just so much we can do to help. And if
conditions really do not allow us to help this person tide through the issue, we
should not be too bothered because we know we have tried our best. That is real
compassion — because to extend compassion to others, self-care has to be
foremost — if one's personal well-being is not taken care of, he/she would not
even be in his/her best state to help.”

I really like the last sentence.

Read through the whole article here.

I have very wise friend =DD

posted by 木杉 @ 12:31  
1 Comments:
  • At October 26, 2007 6:28 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    bin! misssssss uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu think simple. jus a life progress that we go thro & learnt! let ur friends learnt something then! :D cant wait to meet up soooonn !

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
 
about me
Recent Posts
Archives
Quote
If all the world's a stage, I want to operate the trap door. -- Paul Beatty
Links
Template by
Blogger Templates