watsayou.blogspot.com/: Of Tuition
 
 
Tuesday, September 04, 2007
Of Tuition

When I went for my first ever tuition-teaching last Saturday (which is, coincidentally, Teachers' Day), I think I was quite ready for it.


3 out of 5 kids came and I started the tuition. I asked for their names and I gave them mine. Barely 5 minutes passed when a kid started putting the mouth of his water bottle into his right ear so that water dribbled into his ear and flowed down his shirt. Which explains a lot, I think, because halfway through the lesson he started to shout everytime he spoke, and he kept requesting me to repeat what I said.

Then this other student fell from his chair twice barely half an hour since lesson started. He discovered something from his two falls and decided to stay put on the floor. I had to call him up a lot; then I discovered that he'd discovered ants on the floor, and he was holding a ruler... I did not ask. I did not want to know what he was doing with ants on the floor with a ruler in his hand.

They asked me if I am a University student. Guess I really look young. They asked if I play Maple Story. Guess I really look young.

I am already looking forward to the next lesson.
posted by 木杉 @ 20:01  
3 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
 
about me
Recent Posts
Archives
Quote
If all the world's a stage, I want to operate the trap door. -- Paul Beatty
Links
Template by
Blogger Templates