watsayou.blogspot.com/: Miniature Earth
 
 
Wednesday, September 12, 2007
Miniature Earth
I saw this website as I read today's newspaper.


Sometimes it's hard for us to visualize just how many people are in poverty when we, let's say, are told that there are about 500,0000 people in poverty around the world.

But when we bring it down to 100 people

keeping the same proportions we have today:

And we say only 12 out of a 100 own computers

only 3 have internet connection;

And when you realise that when you have a proper roof over your head you are actually richer than 75% of the entire world population;

And that 53 outta the 100 struggled to survive on US$2 or less

per day

.....................

It just brings a whole new picture, doesn't it?

Please do visit the website here.
posted by 木杉 @ 23:27  
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
 
about me
Recent Posts
Archives
Quote
If all the world's a stage, I want to operate the trap door. -- Paul Beatty
Links
Template by
Blogger Templates