Blogger Mr Miyagi pens NS book From water parades to ‘elephants’ in rifles, Benjamin Lee’s comic book chronicles the ins and outs of national service
by Stephanie Yap, Arts Reporter
IN November 2005, blogger Benjamin Lee, better known as Mr Miyagi, wrote a series of posts about his experiences during a Singapore Armed Forces exercise in Queensland, Australia, which his national service (NS) unit was a part of.
Unquote.
I think it should be a good book. And I think that anyone who had been through the army should be able to get a good laugh outta it. Army is the same anywhere, everywhere. Men shared the same experience-- get 2 random guys together, and the best way to get a conversation going is to talk about the Army.
Quote:
Meanwhile, readers of Lee’s blog should not expect to see as much of his trademark irreverence and sarcasm on the printed page. Lee says that the decision to leave out the more negative aspects ofNS was a personal choice.
“I do have darker stories about NS, but I intended for this to be a commemorative book. There are other forums for other NS stories,” he says
Unquote.
Oh well. But never mind-- We all know where those forums lie in, don't we? =p