Watched “Planet Earth” on Arts Central just now, the episode is on how animals in the North and South poles survive the harsh climate.
Each time I watch (the 2nd time so far), I cannot help but have that gloomy feeling that the Earth is destined to end. And I guess I felt terribly sad because I know I may die because of certain actions that I did not do.
How lame is that?? To die because of someone else’s actions. Boo.
Anyway, I watched how the animals struggle to survive, and I thought: Earth is a really cruel place where animals have to kill each other to survive. Actually humans, too; but humans are stranger:
1) they fight with each other even though they no longer need to do that to survive;
2) their fight has evolve to a level which is so, so brutal, people die without any blood shed.
What a strange world.
It is a strange world where extreme cruelty takes place on such a beautiful planet. The lights at the south pole is the aurora.
Since the world is ending like quite soon (but not in our generation), maybe there is really no need for us tiny humans to get sad over little things, ya?
haha, i'm not a v environment-friendly person leh. but i will try to remind myself. :p
Wierd, in my earlier post (http://watsayou.blogspot.com/2007/05/part-of-something-bigger.html), I was quite OK with the world ending. But last night I couldn't help but feel gloomy. I think I got split personality >.<
Sheesh. Maybe it's the moon. Mess with my hormones.
Yep, I watched half of it yest too.
Well, yeah, people who are not doing the bad things are the ones suffering, i.e. the poor vs the rich.
You can start by conserving energy (electricity) and start implementing your BYOB day. Haha...