watsayou.blogspot.com/: Spiderman3
 
 
Saturday, May 05, 2007
Spiderman3

Back from watching "Spiderman 3".

I still like it even though J7 kept muttering, "A bit disappointing~" on the way home from the movie; and even though my sister commented that she does not like the story plot; and even though the movie had some unnecessary details that made the show draggy; and even though I thought Evil Peter Parker dancing Groove is lame--- I still like the movie.

I can relate to the movie.

"We all have a choice," Peter Parker said. The sentence kept ringing in my head. You know why I like the Spiderman movies? Because you always manage to learn something from them.

Suddenly it all makes sense. There's always a choice: choose this or that, and whatever choices you made affect you and the people around you, but it's your choice, always have been.


Anger. Hatred. Rage... They give power. But at the same time, they're like poison. You like being taken over by poison? Of course you do. It's a good feeling. But you're not you anymore when you do that.


Even though sometimes it's hard to get away from it...

The movie is darker than the previous two. In the previous two movies, you watched how a sibeh suay student adjust to his new identity and learnt how to deal with situations that rose with his new found identity. In this movie, Spidey learns to deal with himself, a process most growing teenagers will find familiar.

Most of the time, you don't have much of a choice to choose favourable situations. But you do have a choice to choose how you want to handle the situations.

If you give that choice up, just like Peter Parker did in the beginning, sometimes you end up doing things that will make you regret, things that you will never be able to undo.

It is a process everyone must learn on the road to maturity.

.........

P/S Venom looks pretty scary in this movie.

No, I do not mean he is pretty. I mean he's scary. >.<

posted by 木杉 @ 00:56  
1 Comments:
  • At May 08, 2007 10:04 AM, Blogger 玲 said…

    Hey, i didn't like the movie very much too.. though the lessons learnt made up for it.. or maybe it's just me. i was too tired to really enjoy the show.. :P

    Yanling

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
 
about me
Recent Posts
Archives
Quote
If all the world's a stage, I want to operate the trap door. -- Paul Beatty
Links
Template by
Blogger Templates