watsayou.blogspot.com/: 2nd April
 
 
Monday, April 02, 2007
2nd April
Today marks the 3rd year since my enlistment into the army. 3 years ago, at this very moment, I was sitting in my allocated bunk with the other newly-enlisted recruits, listening to the sergeant briefed about life in the army.

2 years ago, me and my friends were already sergeants, and we had a mini conversation like this:

Fren1: Hey, 2nd April liao! A year ago we enlist into army man.

Fren2, Fren3, and me: Ah.

And then we all went, "......"

Last year, 2nd April, and the same group of us were already sergeants for 2 years. One of us noted the date, and all of us went around congratulating each other.

"Yay!" We cried. "2 more months to ORD! Woo-Hoo!"

Today, I is in my last semester of my first year, and rushing to complete my unfinished reports so that I can study for my exam in 2 weeks time. =(

I never like Army, even though I'm grateful for what it had turned me into. I mean, what kind of organization requires people who enlist to have their hairs shaved by orders of Law???

If the Law enforces even the shaving of hairs, you can imagine the amount of freedom that Army boys own. To give you an idea, it is somewhere between the number -1 and 1.





These green "men" aren't army personnels-- this is just one man posing in the middle of man-like shrubs that smile.


3 guys in uniform posing with shrubs. Please ignore the rifles.

But I met wonderful friends and had wonderful experiences. (ok, wait, it should be memorable experiences instead, because memorable does not neccessarily means wonderful.) I faced a lot of shitty situations and learnt how to face them; I met not so good people whom I have to learn to deal with; (Translation: I faced a lot of arrowings and learnt to siam and smoked through them; I met absolutely F***-up personnels whom I have to learn to deal with)
Army changed my perception and provided a shelter for me in that 2 years 2 months.


... The reason I mention the above paragraph is because I do not want to be track down by any personnels saying that I any-old-how says bad things about the organization. Shhh. Army good, ok.



Besides worrying about not being well-endowed enough to go after girls, this is one of the other time when men depressed over their short legs.

P/S No price for guessing which of the 3 is me~

posted by 木杉 @ 19:35  
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
 
about me
Recent Posts
Archives
Quote
If all the world's a stage, I want to operate the trap door. -- Paul Beatty
Links
Template by
Blogger Templates