My friend was telling me the problems he had with his girlfriend. Of course, according to him, it will be his girlfriend who was being unreasonable. I don't doubt him; but sometimes it's hard (if not impossible) to say who's right and who's wrong in a relationship.
He told me how he "sacrificed" his time and energy for his girlfriend, and how his girlfriend not only fail to reciprocate, but gave him an attitude instead. Because of his sacrifices, there was even once when his bank account depleted to only $8, not even enough to top up his EzLink card, so that he almost couldn't go home.
Sad story, but think about it: If he is all lovey-dovey with his girlfriend, it would have been a romantic story that can earn him a sweet peck on the lips by his girl. See what I mean about being hard to see what's right and wrong in a relationship?
Then I got this friend who was forced to break up with his girl, because of a quarrel. When I saw him, I was stunned-- he got his hair all dyed and spiked up, and he pierced his ears. Ok, everyone do that nowadays, but he wasn't normally like this. Obviously, the break-up was a rather big blow to him. He said, "Since girls don't like nice guys (like me), I might as well be a bad guy."
A bit extreme, but hey, I mentioned that it was a big blow to him.
There was yet another instance when my friends discussed about their girls, of how their girls would check their phones for newly-added contacts and start asking, "Hey who's this? How come you never mention him/her before?" They also had similar experiences when their girls will check up their Friendster profiles for newly-added friends, and start asking, "Who's this??" When my friend explained that it was the friend who added him and not the other way round, his girl shot back, "So why she go add you?"
Walau, macham CIA liddat sia!
I was quite bent on the idea of staying single, and these stories affirmed my choice. I don't need a CIA in my life-- my mum and dad are more than enough. While I pity my friends with such girlfriends, I need to state: Besides the guy who was forced to break up with his girl, the other friends I mentioned still maintain their relationship with their girls.
To a person who's never been in a relationship, it's simply mind-boggling.
oh man, felt kind of sad for ur fren..I think he should not have done those change..This girl doesnt treasure him, he should stay on positive..Think that life is still good even without her..Maybe he will meet someone that would understand him..hmm..I hope i didnt say wrong sia..haha..Cause this things very sensitive 1..
ahkai: agree. he took it quite hard during that period of time, but frens stood by him and i think he's ok now =) frens are impt! (so is family *wink*)
st: why u baddie gal~ now all the nice boy boys around u sad le =p
oh man, felt kind of sad for ur fren..I think he should not have done those change..This girl doesnt treasure him, he should stay on positive..Think that life is still good even without her..Maybe he will meet someone that would understand him..hmm..I hope i didnt say wrong sia..haha..Cause this things very sensitive 1..