watsayou.blogspot.com/: Beware!
 
 
Friday, March 30, 2007
Beware!
Beware of this VIRUS/SPAM in the form of a zip file which spreads via MSN!

The name of the file is call "photo album".

It spreads itself via MSN, so you may be happily chatting away when a conversation window pops up, saying things like "I'll like to send you my photo album!". You will be unaware that it is a virus/spam because the conversation window is from your contact.

If you accept the file and open it, the virus/spam will start to spread itself, through your account, to all the contacts on your msn. So now all your friends will start receiving the virus/spam. It'll be a cycle. It's a Trojan Horse!

The worst damage it does, according to my limited knowledge, would be for you to have to uninstall your MSN and install it back again. So beware!

I kena the virus/spam. Stupidly I opened the file, unaware, unguarded. And happily the virus/spam started mass-sending to most of my friends...

I now owe about 60+ friends lunch treat, 30+ who had a good laugh at me(because they did not accept the file), and 10+ who wish to hunt me down and kill me. I'm now officially a fugitive on the run.

Update: I just checked-- maybe it's not a Trojan Horse, but a Worm instead. Up to date, one of my friend is still experiencing the attack of the Worm whenever she log on to MSN. This is still happening after 2 re-download of MSN and a complete virus scan with AVG. Check out the definitions here.

Update#2: My friend found the the spam hiding in C:/WINDOWS. Woo-hoo!

posted by 木杉 @ 23:00  
1 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
 
about me
Recent Posts
Archives
Quote
If all the world's a stage, I want to operate the trap door. -- Paul Beatty
Links
Template by
Blogger Templates