Someone in the course decided we should play the "Angel-and-Mortal" game. Her reason: So that we can know more about each other.
Ok.
I quite sian actually, so I never bother to go pick a mortal for myself. Come to think of it, the fact that I refused to play this game was an act of No-Life... I mean, it's already go-school-study-only-then-go-home-everyday kinda life for me liaoz, wouldn't I want to spice it up a little bit??
No. I is as stubborn as a bull.
Few days later I got a sms from the organizer of this game.
Organizer: Hi, XF here. Jus wondering if u hv a mortal already? Me: nb! How u noe i dun hv one??? (Ocean!ce notes: No la I didn't put in the word nb la)
XF:Hee, JH told me one. Eh i hv 1 mortal left. Mind if i give u the mortal?
Me: (meekly) Ok lorrr
So now I have a mortal under me.
And so afterJHlanded in hospital a day after the sms conversation (you can try and imagine what happened) I started to think about what I should write to my mortal.
My mortal is called SL. She's a Malaysian.
Should I write:
"Yoz SL! I'm your angelll! Yahhh!!! You dunno who I am!! *npphh* "
Or:
"Hi! I know who you are. Where you live. What you do. And I also know what you did last summer. *sinister laugh* "
Or:
"Hi, it's me, your angel. The next time you come to lecture, look around for a guy with a big bulge in the back of his shirt. That'll be me with my wings tucked inside my shirt. Alternatively you can check around for a guy with a halo-- but my halo is sent for washing this week. Some bloody pigeon pooped on it as I flew to school this morning. Do you like roasted pigeon, btw?"
Or:
"Harlow. I is your angel. In the Hebrew Bible, angels often appear to people in the shape of humans of extraordinary beauty, and often are not immediately recognized as angels (Genesis 18:2, Genesis 19:5; Judges 6:17, Judges 8:6; 2 Samuel 29:9). Some fly through the air, some become invisible, sacrifices touched by some are consumed by fire, and some may disappear in sacrificial fire. Angels, or the Angel, appeared in the flames of the thorn bush (Genesis 16:13; Judges 6. 21, 22; 2 Kings 2:11; Exodus 3:2). They are described as pure and bright as Heaven; consequently, they are said to be formed of fire, and encompassed by light, as the Psalmist said (Psalm 104:4): "He makes winds His messengers, burning fire His ministers." Some verses in the Apocrypha/Deuterocanon depict angels wearing blue or red robes but no such reference occurs in the Protestant books. Though superhuman, angels can assume human form; this is the earliest conception. Gradually, and especially in post-Biblical times, angels came to be bodied forth in a form corresponding to the nature of the mission to be fulfilled—generally, however, the human form. Angels bear drawn swords or other destroying weapons in their..................... "
I'll update again as soon as I know what to write to her.