watsayou.blogspot.com/: A Day Before New Year
 
 
Sunday, December 31, 2006
A Day Before New Year

I may not be celebrating the new year online tomorrow, so I'll just take this opportunity to wish all who is reading this an advanced HAPPY 2007!

Thanks for visiting my blog, I appreciate it a lot. =))

Well, please do take this time, a day before 2007, to recap all that you had done for the year 2006. For me, a new year is nothing worth celebrating if I did not look back on what I had done and what I had not. What I did correctly and what I did incorrectly. What I should have done and what I should not have done.

A lot to think about hor? Indeed. But it is worth it. Treat it as though you got a visit from "Ghost of New Year Past", "Ghost of New Year Present" and "Ghost of New Year Yet to Come". Hehe!

Because, one needs to reflect back on his deeds to know what one should do in the future. I watched a certain episode of Smallville where young Lex Luther told Clarke Kent to "look at the stars, the stars you see now are actually lights emitted from the planets millions of years ago", hence "The past does influence the future".

And also, more importantly, one needs to know what wrong one did, and then face it bravely, before one can continue striding to the future. It can just be a minor, harmless mistake. But all things start out small. If you read "The Little Prince", you'll understand that a small shoot is capable of becoming a baobab tree that can destroy a planet.

If one hides his own wrongdoings, one's strides will waver.

Only when one sees it eye to eye, will one be able to go far.

And only when one looks back, will one knows how to go forward.

So I wish all of you guys a good time in reminiscing, and an even better time in welcoming the future after that!!
Cheers!!
posted by 木杉 @ 00:53  
2 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
 
about me
Recent Posts
Archives
Quote
If all the world's a stage, I want to operate the trap door. -- Paul Beatty
Links
Template by
Blogger Templates