watsayou.blogspot.com/: Pass this on to 20 people to...
Monday, November 06, 2006
Pass this on to 20 people to...
Have you ever received e-mails telling you to "pass this on to ___ people and love will come knocking at your door" or "forward this and you will get good luck for the rest of the week"...? Chain letters, they are called.
I bet you have. And boy, don't I hate those mails.
I wonder who started such a stupid thing in the first place. It probably started out as a joke, you know, to fool that nerd at the other table at the other end of the office. Maybe. But it sure is a nuisance when the whole thing blows up to be a global thing.
The problem with such mails is that they don't just tell you to forward the mails and then they leave you at that-- they threaten you. And that's the irritating thing.
You know at the back of your mind that it ain't possible that an electronic mail is gonna affect your life in any way, but when you decide to delete the mail and do away with it... the thing is that it keeps bugging you.
It keeps bugging you, and you get distracted and all, and then when you are making hot coffee and a drop of it drips onto your hand, you go all, "AHH! Look! I deleted my mail and now bad things are happening to me!!!"
Bad joke. I know. I am usually very funny. But I make bad jokes when I'm disturbed.
And another thing is the tone of the chain letters.
"You will receive good luck within four days of relaying this totem. The totem must leave your hands in 96 hours." "Send this to 10 people within the hour you read this. If you do, your wish will come true. If you don't it will become the opposite."
...I hate people commanding me.
And among all chain letters, I especially hate THIS:
"I'm SO sorry about this, but I had to keep it going..."